A COUNTERPOINT TO INDUSTRIALISED LUXURY
· Rolls-Royce introduces utterly unique coachbuilt ‘Boat Tail’ commission
· Rolls-Royce Coachbuild to become a permanent fixture in future portfolio
· Based on a true commission model, ‘Boat Tail’ represents a collaborative exploration of luxury, design and culture between the marque and commissioning clients
· Coachbuild empowers clients to create potent evocative expressions of personal taste
· Rolls-Royce Coachbuild is contemporary patronage in its truest form
· Rolls-Royce prompted the contemporary coachbuilding movement in 2017 with the introduction of ‘Sweptail’
“Today marks a seminal moment for the House of Rolls-Royce. We are proud to unveil Rolls-Royce Boat Tail to the world, and with it, the confirmation of coachbuilding as a permanent fixture within our future portfolio.
“Historically, coachbuilding had been an integral part of the Rolls-Royce story. In the contemporary Rolls-Royce narrative, it has informed our guiding philosophy of Bespoke. But it is so much more. Rolls-Royce Coachbuild is a return to the very roots of our brand. It represents an opportunity for the select few to participate in the creation of utterly unique and truly personal commissions of future historical significance.
“Rolls-Royce has carefully listened to its closest clients, each of whom has expressed a desire to deepen their relationship with the brand by creating ambitious, personal statements of true luxury. Rolls-Royce Boat Tail is not a concept created to be retrospectively sold.
“Quite the contrary. Rolls-Royce believes in complete authenticity and Boat Tail is the culmination of a four-year collaboration with three of our most special clients.
“Rolls-Royce Coachbuild clients are intimately and personally involved at each step of the creative and engineering process. We work in harmony with the client to gain complete fluency in the nuances of their character and personality. We carefully translate these qualities into the elements with which they wish to imbue their commission.
“Only the House of Rolls-Royce can offer its Coachbuild clients the inimitable opportunity to commission a product of future historical significance, that is as fundamentally unique as they are – and then participate in every detail of its creation.
“This is authentic luxury. This is contemporary patronage in its truest form. This is Rolls-Royce Coachbuild.”
Torsten Müller-Ötvös, Chief Executive, Rolls-Royce